5.17.2005

Where's Summer B.?



I forgot how great the original, self titled Ben Folds Five disc was, until I listened to it again a couple of days ago. It's really unbelievable.

Summer's getting to be here these days. We're having more touristy types come into Adam's and ask for a diet coke and question me about the lack of "meat" on the menu. Then they put down a dollar and get up and leave while I'm in the kitchen prepping dishes. At least they leave the dollar.

So, my mention of a cave-dwelling boy a few weeks back sparked many comments. Not about the cave part, just that I had mentioned a boy. Eric has pretty much went the way of the wild goose. Other "boy" anecdotes could include the really cute guy I met at the pool, a couple of years older than me, who had been a lit major like myself. Then I came home and my roommate informed me he was married. What is it with me and married men? My enthusiasm toward the Manitou pool has dimmed somewhat, but I will return.

Until next time....

2 comments:

jonny said...

i miss those guys on the edges. ben folds just isn't the same without his "five". maybe someday, when jesus comes back, everything will go back to 1996.

~Jan said...

Hey E, haven't heard from you in a while. Everything good with you? See you in a few weeks, I hope. Can't wait until you meet Megan's prince.