8.20.2005

Impossible Dream



This woman is one of the best singer/songwriters alive, period. Yesterday I saw her for the second time, at the Folks Festival in Lyons, Colorado. Good grief. You would have thought someone from the stage offered free pot to the crowd when she came out, the response was so enthusiastic. She only played for an hour and 15 minutes, too; the perfect length of time to get us all hopelessly lost in her wonderfulness, and then have the reality of time punch us in the nuts. She played several of my faves, though I would have outright died if she had graced us with "Mother of God" or "Moses." I would have to say "Useless Desires" from the Impossible Dream album was my favorite of the set, but they were all great.

I saw mate buddies (aka the cult kids) at the festival, let me tell you I was surprised to see Yaqar and Tommim there. They gave me free chai mate several times. We also ate gyros and chinese yum yums, we meaning McDavid and Buddy. Speaking of the latter, it was a great day for she and I. Definitely some miscommunication going on there lately, and while the situations have not changed, my mindset on much of it has.

It was a day full of greatness, glory, and guts. There is nothing nicer than reclining at the southern edge of the Rocky Mountain National Park and listening to fabulous bits of sound as they waft over you. Even when the plumbing got turned off and we had to use port-o-johns it was still ok, there were purell dispensers in them. Buddy bought a leather skirt. I looked at some stuff, and McDavid got a funnel cake. The best moment of the day was a quintessential life completeness/contentment moment, that surrounds your whole torso with warmth and then goes out and sits in your palms. There's just something about being physically connected with people you love with your whole heart while listening to amazing art transcend individual humanity. Mmm. It reminds me of apple crisp, but like your whole body is a mouth eating it.

Well, on that note, I'd better go back to the workshop CIMT is presenting today and learn more about infectious skin diseases. Peace out, and listen to some Patty today.

No comments: