1.02.2007

I just died in your arms tonight

For whatever reason, the theme so far of 2007 is that I can't stop listening to 80's music.

resolutions this year-
no fried foods
no beer
no caffeine.

ah yes, this gives me loopholes- like fast food that isn't fried... wait, that's not a loophole. there's nothing left. wendy's salads. that's it. and cups of beans at Taco Bell. I knew I had something to look forward to. and I can still have wine. and mixers. and sake.... sushi is definitely something that needs to be in my diet with greater frequency this year. jones cream soda is the only answer I have for that last item on my list- coupled with mate, of course, for those 3-hour-o-sleep nights.
ahhhh, to be young again.

ok, so I have a little beef before we get out of the gate here. I've been a blogger for over two years here, but I will erase this thing and change my address if you people who are reading this and then harassing my parents don't stop in your tracks. you know who you are. there is a comments option at the bottom of every post. do you have a comment? use it. do you have a question? use it. every person I am talking to right now has my number, I know it for a fact. I'm not using your name or place in my life out of respect to you- something that obviously isn't returned because you won't respect me enough to come to me directly when you are "concerned" about something. it feels creepy and weird to know that people are poking around here, never announcing their presence, and then completely twisting things I say and use them out of context to harass me and my family. so knock it off.

as a side note, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, thanks for being a faithful reader.
much love to you and yours this 2007, and let's kick out some jams.

peace.

6 comments:

JulieAnn said...

You'd love Hawaii as far as music goes - I swear every day is an 80's music day.

As far as the stoppage of fried food and beer, perhaps Hawaii wouldn't be your best choice. I've never known so many things could be fried. Plus we have a great microbrewery right down the street. {kicking myself because I talk too much}

Liza said...

hmmm... sounds fantastic, really. I'm hopefully going to Japan in a year for a week or two- perhaps I should stop in Hawaii and give my old pal microbrewery, I mean Julie, a visit. ;)

JulieAnn said...

We'll only be here for the next 6 months or so, but you're more than welcome to come and visit - we have a spare room and plenty of Mehana in the fridge... plus my husband's more Southern than either of us care to admit, and there is frequent frying in our home. Hey, then you could break all of your resolutions! Book your trip now!

sg said...

Speaking of kicking out the jams...how are the new tunes coming?

:)

Steve

Dale said...

While I have never harrassed your parents, I have attended church with them. The church mentioned in your 3/2/2006 blog recording an unfortunate incident at handbell choir practice. I'm sure all churches have these type of people, people who consider harrassment to be a spiritual gift. But I have nothing else to compare it to except my new church in Northern Kentucky. I probably just haven't run into the harrassers there yet.

Anyway, I hope your parents appreciate your gift for writing and for questioning and struggling and willingness to grapple with difficult situations. I hope they appreciate your ability to think for yourself. And your sense of humor.

BTW, I saw Over the Rhine at the Tall Stacks Festival in Cincinnati back in October (!!!!)

Liza said...

thanks very much for your comments, dale... I try to honor my parents, but most of all I try to honor my true Father.

another Rhinelander? we're popping up all over the place! well met.