1.25.2007

liars lack

sorry about my sporadic posting over here. I've been using the myspace blog pretty frequently- it helps out with issues mentioned in my last post because you have to be a member to read the blogs there. ;0
oh, I am so sneaky, sneaky.

I'm planning on going out west tomorrow for my friend Shelly's wedding- yes, the same one with whom I went through my massage program. At the same moment, I hear news from other friends who may be divorcing, and I just want to tell Shell not to bother. I guess it shouldn't affect me like it does, but I care about people, and despite myself, I find myself caring about marriage, too. I've never done it. The longer time goes on, the less I think I will (and believe me, I'm more than ok with that) but I still have the institution up on a pedestal... and I don't really want to apologize for that. I don't feel at all comfortable listening to people bash gay marriage when 1 out of 2 marriages (in or out of the church) end in divorce. All my close friends that have divorced/may divorce were in the church. I'm not blaming them (I want you to know this, I'm not blaming you). It's just where we're at, I guess.

I want to support everyone, and for everyone to be happy. I don't want to run other people's lives, or tell them what to do, or be anything but a peacemaker. I suppose some might think this makes me a bad Christian. I like to think it makes me a good one.

1 comment:

((dana)) said...

and here i thought i was the only one who felt just like that...i should have known. well, this dana loves you. safe travels.