2.01.2005

The move to Manitou

.

I packed up the 'scort once again, and for this week I'm actually just a transient. Though there were a few sketchy moments yesterday as to where I would be sleeping, Becky Depauw (a friend from work) let me bunk down in her spare bedroom. An afternoon nap today with Crosby the gray cat at my rump made me appreciate God's faithfulness and abundance. Thursday night I move into my new digs in Manitou Springs, which is west of Colorado Springs, and the western-most town in the region. You can't build anymore- you just run into mountains.

Which means I have an incredible view. The apartment has more of a house feel, and is already occupied by Joanne, a 33 year old with a free spirit and an art degree. She has two cats and a bike and not really any furniture. The place has wood floors and a bathtub with claw feet. I couldn't have designed it better myself. Finances will probably be a little tight- but what else is new? Talking over my budget with my dad the other day, he told me he thought I might be cutting it close with what I considered to be a pretty generous amount of monthly left-over. I told him that if he thought that was cutting it close, I have been shaving it bald.

Speaking of shaving bald, I need a haircut. But my car has new tires and a fresh transmission/radiator flush, so I don't really have a right to complain. I can go shaggy, I just need Al to keep running. Choices become interesting when there isn't enough money for everything. I have previously had to make the choice between which item to buy, deodorant vs. milk. Guess which one was the winner.

No comments: