10.05.2005

denver, early fall

Friends.

It is chilly today, and there is a pumpkin on my doorstep, and leaves are falling. I am wearing a maroon sweater, and the Indigo Girls are playing at Einstein's, where I am mooching internet. There is a lightness in my step on this day that has not been present for a while- I am poor with no end in sight, but I am happy.

I have learned that when the exercise (swiss) ball rolls away, determinedly away from you down the street at almost midnight while you are packing your life into a 15 year old gas guzzler, it is time to laugh. And oh, laugh I did. It may turn the corner, it may roll completely out of sight. But, it will always be there, waiting dustily for you in front of the Cliff House, no matter when you leave.

Riding my bike to work has been a distinct pleasure the last few days. I've only almost gotten killed a few times, but it's free! I'm not sure what will happen when it starts snowing. Maybe I'll dogsled. I need to get some tights, all I have are these little bike shorts that leave all of my leg quite pink. At least the legs then match my little pink ears. I really like my new apartment. And the bathtub, claw feet people. Not that you people have claw feet. Maybe you do. But I'm talking about the tub. Oh so nice, until I have to switch positions, and then I feel like a big, awkward kid. But then I smile, and remember that is exactly what I am.

***

I'm gonna clear my head, I'm gonna drink that sun-
I'm gonna love you good and long while our love is good and young.

2 comments:

Megs said...

Maybe tomorrow you will come over and show me those pictures and we will sit on my fire escape and drink mate and I will turn on Patty in the house and everything will be okay. Maybe then I won't miss you quite as much as I do right now.

Liza said...

Megan, you make me cry. The other thing that makes me cry is that I just left all of my pictures in the seat back on the airplane. Good grief, I am retarded.