10.17.2005

groceries and nepotism and all that stuff

well, well. I always feel like there is a lot to say, and then I realize that there isn't. Some small items of note-

I bought groceries yesterday, and my home feels real. It feels homey and there's food in the cabinets and tp in the can. I've been reading lots of Tolkien at home lately, and have a strange urge to occasionally speak archaicly, as if an elf will suddenly appear in mithril and approve of my middle-earth vocabulary and impeccable diction. In addition to that, I have been taking baths. And drinking green tea. On the whole, I like being in my attic.

Other things include my feeling that the Bush presidency is just hitting rock bottom. I mean, seriously, people. You can just nominate people for all sorts of things they've never even done before, just because they're your friends. And it's not like nominating someone to the homecoming committee because they're your friend. Homecoming committees only decide what color the float will be and who's house the weinie roast will be at. And sometimes there's a tailgater where they beat up old cars with sledgehammers, and sneak beer. But how big of a deal is that? Not really. What I'm talking about is the Supreme Court. I don't really think it is ever a good idea to trust Mr. Bush. In fact, isn't that just about the only thing we have learned in the last six years? You know, friends, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. When will we get that he simply isn't going to stop pulling one over on us all?

On a parting note, friends,
Sometimes it is really good to be alive. To recognize each moment, and realize that pain is valuable. To cry if we want, because it isn't all okay all of the time. And that is okay. To love without expectation or hesitation, and to not be afraid to lose everything before it is all over.

Rest in my arms, sleep in my bed; there's a design to what I did and said.

No comments: