10.09.2006

oh baby, it's alright

Days like today make me wonder. Sometimes I think, when I write something really spectacular, or maybe just really sellable, I'll be sitting on some talk show somewhere, and the host will say, "So, what did you do those first few years between college and when you were published?" and I'll say, "oh, just fooled around, mostly." Or maybe I was just mostly a fool.

Does the doubt ever go away? Will I always be uncertain that I'm doing the right thing? Every time I attempt to be responsible, make good decisions, and work hard, I seem to be further behind than I was before. The only good news is that I've got all the time in the world.

I made it into the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir today. Barely under the wire- but enough. Enough is enough and I'm in; my mom is buying me the black performance formal as a birthday gift. I'm singing alto 2. And Handel rolled over in his grave as I botched the sight-reading of "He was despised."

Oh well. 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Love and love and peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! didnt even know you were tyring out...

was this a last minute thing or have I just not been listening?



either way - its a swass deal and a tip of the hat to you.

loofrin said...

coolness, squared. i shall expect a friend/coworker ticket. Lol. Anyway, very cool, congrats. You will rock their faces off. Peace, and I'm out