5.13.2006

another galaxy

sounds have been bombarding me. some moments it's all I can do to just stand there on the floor at work, one half of a headphone held up to my ear, DJ style, as I pulsate gently to the frequency. and such frequency... I haven't had this much new music since I was illegally downloading back in college. (sorry, music industry.)

New stuff I now have, via purchase or giving to me from the B&N music dept.

Josh Rouse- Subtitulo
Rhett Miller- The Believer
The Indigo Girls- All That We Let In
Maria Taylor- 11:11
Paul Simon- Surprise
KT Tunstall- Eye To The Telescope
Sia- Color The Small One
Syd Matters- Syd Matters
The Magic Numbers- The Magic Numbers
The Celtic Tenors- Remember Me
and this one opera CD I already gave away to my brother.

Plus a book about Mormons, and Dave already told me I could have the instore play Narnia DVD. Holy craps, people. I can't even absorp all this at once. I'm like a faulty sponge.

Speaking of, everyone should come visit me at work. There is nothing so nice as turning around and finding a Daniel Neil Olson staring unobtrusively at your DVD gondola. You should all do it. Stare at my gondolas, that is. It is nice to say words to those that hear them and know what you are saying. It is nice to have truth around you by the very fact that another person exists. It is nice to say true things out loud, and with smiles and hands and presences and presents. Sweaters and music and rain and joy can easily become tangled together.

Let no man tear asunder.

No comments: