7.08.2006

an unguarded moment

well, it has been some time now since I have talked to you. and mostly, I'm "getting over" things, or you, or whatever. or so I tell myself. the real truth of the matter? I'm afraid to even open that box.

I'm listening to you right now, and you are damn good. damn. I get a head shake and a sigh and a smile, because I know it- I know that whatever else happens with you, and I, you are the most amazing person I've ever met. I've never stopped believing that. you are everything I wished I could be for a long time. I finally started figuring out I needed to be my own dream. and all the bs I told everyone about your guitar player needing more melodic development in this demo- a load. a total load. I friggen love it. I wish you were here because I'm writing this song on keys, it's ok yeah, but I'm totally having issues with the stupid chorus transition, and I just don't know my way around well enough to do it right, you know? you could fix it. you would know what I was trying to do. that's where we started out, after all.

all of it, all of it, it was all what I wanted. it was always some of the best I've ever had. shoes and coats and crazy and you, elbowing me in the nose in the dead of night.

to borrow a line,
I think I've finally found myself.
(your wailing still gives me chills, just like the first time I heard it, kid. just like the first time)


how are you doing on that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn the unguarded moments.
and the blissful pain they bring.


sidenote: blue moon, pj's,& vanilla crest... thanks for the evening.

Liza said...

no prob, bob.

and my fave moment of the night? you sitting up in the passenger's seat of your own car which was crushing my legs at the time but you said it was ok and yelling at the closed window, "where are we?"