1.20.2006

Hey Ya

Hello, friends.

So this morning (afternoon, actually, as I didn't get up until 12.30, thank you McDavid), I spilled some water into my crappy lappy. I was in the bathtub, blah blah, details aren't important but water went inside and I wasn't too bummed, thought maybe it'd wash out some of the chai I spilled in a couple of months ago. But then it just started inputting m's and p's until I had to log off of everything I was doing, because I couldn't get it to stop. Seriously it would be like mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
and there would be nothing I could do about it. And backspace and spacebar failed. So, then I was like, whatevs, because this thing is a piece anyway, and Beth just told me I could have her old Gateway, which though it is a dinosaur, everything on it works fine. Including the CD rom drive.

So, the joy is I left it alone for a few hours while I went around and mailed things all over the place, and now all the keys work. But it sounded like a fire alarm when I started it up, and now the sound isn't working. Which is almost more imperative to me than letters, maybe it's a tie. I love sounds.

And then I get on myspace and find this:

And apparently my friend Jason Sutton, 2 years my senior at RVHS in southern Michigan, has auditioned to be on American Idol.
You can go here to find more pictures of him, just scroll ahead a couple after that one; I think there's three total of him auditioning. And there's actually a video with him in it here. Sutton and I did choir and drama together in high school. Think Chris Farley.

So, here's heading into another exciting weekend. It's funny, when you're unemployed, they don't seem that different than the rest of the time.

No comments: