1.19.2006

moments between darkness



Hello friends. Today's saint, according to the Catholic Saints Calendar, is Saint Charles of Sezze. I don't know any more about him than that, and he lived in the 1600s and wanted to go to India. Just like me.

So being unemployed has it's perks, you know. You don't have to go to work, for one. You can pretty much do whatever you want, so long as it's cheap. And you have plenty of time to think, deep thoughts, shallow thoughts, weird thoughts, long thoughts. You can think in the can. You can think like a man. You can think while you eat. You think thinking's pretty neat.

Ahem.

So with all this free time, I've realized that already in my short life I am weary. I am weary of brokenness, I am weary of divorce and relationships that fizzle out. Sometimes, no measure of effort, even in one of the great relationships of your life, is enough. You realize it is time to move on, but you don't even want to move on to anything else, because after a while enough is enough and the energy it takes to put into people just doesn't seem to be worth it when the end result is always the same.

Not to be overly depressing, or anything. And honestly, I'm not. I feel pretty good right now, when I feel at all. Mostly I just rebuild my myspace profile over and over again, and make friends with lots of fake people. Just like me.

No comments: