1.17.2006

Magical Massage Moments



"Whoa! Look at those traps. Where the hell is my T-bar?"
-Kim, WPM class of '05, CIMT

So, I realized I've been massaging all year- I mean for real, that is why I'm in Colorado, right? *sure.*
But anyway, so I've been massaging, and not really ever said anything about it.

I really love massage. Like that's up for debate, but I mean I really do. I love having a hurting person come to me, get on my table, and get up and feel better. Or a person who is tense fall asleep. And when, for a few moments, it's just them and I, there is a beautiful interchange of spirits, of people, and it is healing and whole and holy. I feel priveleged every time somebody makes themself vulnerable and allows me to lay hands on them. In a way, this is what I feel like it is. I feel very centered when I massage, and oftentimes as I use my whole body in movements, rocking back and forth, pivoting, I feel like I am dancing. And it isn't as shallow as fun, and enjoyable doesn't do it justice either.

That being said, sometimes I almost fall asleep while I massage. Talk about weird.

Anyway, the profession is a joy to me. I only hope I don't burn out on it, like I seem to do with everything in my life. I probably will. But I wouldn't trade this year, with it's wild roller coaster ride, for anything in the world. Learning to be a healer has been one of the great experiences of my life, and I hope it is reflected in all that I do.

Until next time....

No comments: