6.10.2006

lay lady lay

Ah... days off.

I've been writing things down with my hands lately, trying not to be so blogophiliac. There's something about a pen in your hand that just feels right; something permanent about ink and paper that keyboards and microchips can't replace. I'm not writing for anyone's posterity but my own.

the bro has been home much- things are moving forward with his employment, but there is lots of free time at this stage of the game. I however have been home little, some days working 3 different jobs. Tired little nubbins, I can tell you that. But it pays the bills.

Speaking of which, news my little newsies, is that I got a promotion at work, yippee hoo rah. And that means a dollar more an hour. And I'm signed up for benefits, including life insurance, so you can go ahead and kill me whenever you want. Just wait till I get new glasses. I want to stick it to the man a little, first.

I got my transcripts from CIMT yesterday. I never realized they kept track of GPA and such- so it looks like I had a 3.7 cumulative. I do really well with gettin about 3.6-3.7.... no more, no less. I fake just enough to make it look like I try, I suppose, but not enough to bring home the gold. But anyway, also included in the packet from school was my actual certificates, which are nice and sheepskinny, which I will probably frame (why the hell not? I earned them) along with my college degree that my parents still have. It only seemed appropriate for me to leave it with them; they paid for it, and it's not like I'm using it right now.

And still no word from Fuller. ha. grad school. what a maroon.

No comments: