4.21.2005

fax machine anthems, get your damn hands up

one more night at the bux. golly, am I excited.

I hiked the incline again Monday, it was stellar. I have found this is a particularly good time to think about things, especially on the jog/run/scramble down the Barr Trail. I started thinking about people, and specifically this one dude in my Capstone class at HC. He was blabbing on about how he had never let one drop of alcohol touch his lips. I don't know why I started thinking about this, but it really started to bother me- this was how he measured his purity, by what he didn't do. Others measure their character by what they do do. Resuming talks with Joe Osha has strengthened my resolve. I don't want people to say I am prudish, or tolerant, or straight-laced, or even funny. I don't want that to be what stands out. If I sing off pitch, tell me to my face, I can take it. Don't like that I left the light on in the hallway? Give me a push, I won't fall down. I want my character to be who I am. I don't even want to think about my actions. I want to be workin' my legs. My beat is correct.

I'm washing just about everything to get all the animal hair out. If I had enough money, I'd let everyone live with me for free. Especially dogs. I forgot how good it feels to twirl a leash around in your hand to get the kinks out. Or have a dog's body curl up on you and twitch with the tail wag. Cats are cool enough, but dogs are where it's at.

I think I'm going to start taking martial arts from a kid I work with. I'm also declaring May national vegan month for all Liza Swarts. Shelly is going to help me get the right food, and I'm going to try it out. Animals, ya know I love ya, but just for a little while, I won't eat you any more. Then, quick as a wink, I'll be once again chewing on the breasts of flightless birds. I want to experience it. Shelly tells me that your energy goes through the roof, and food revitalizes you instead of making you sleepy. I'm down with giving it a chance.

Randem tandem, sorry for the bumpy ride, but I've a lot on my mind.

No comments: