4.21.2005

you must be girls



Tuesday night equaled Tori Amos and Matt Nathanson. He is just as good as I remember. She is mind boggling.

Straddling a bench while playing both a Bosendorfer and a dual-manual organ and singing, Tori looked from time to time like a giant red-haired praying mantis. Though I'm not a die-hard Tori fan, I'm immensely glad I went. She is in a category all of her own, with a flair for pagentry and spectacle that I was grateful for. Other thoughts include the fact that the Paramount in Denver is a fabulous venue, and I should go to more shows there. Also, always hope that the dudes sitting in front of you fail to show up so that you can throw your long legs over the backs of their chairs. And that it is always a good time to wager if your concert buddy can throw you over the balcony if you go completely to dead weight. There's no way he could do it. He wouldn't even be able to get me out of the chair. It's all how you use your body, and I am aware of my capabilities.

Free concerts, parking, and places to stay are good. I was born to love, I'm going to learn to love without fear.

No comments: