2.21.2006

down by the winding wabash river

On the drive out yesterday, sitting sideways on the bench of my uncle David's extended cab F-150, I noticed we passed over the Wabash in the dusk. It made me think of Huntington, and what they might possibly be doing with their "College Song," where we talk about HC, and hail to thee, our dear old college, and say college a lot. Huntington is no longer a college. For reasons that seem fairly arbitrary and perhaps somewhat vain, they have turned into a university. I wonder if one night on the stroke of midnight they will turn into a pumpkin.

So I'm home, safe and sound, ish. I am fine, but it looks like the Troops is really out. So, I'm going to borrow my mom's totally rad Buick Century to drive over to Plainfield, and hopefully get a job at the Barnes & Noble there. And then back by the Chiropractor's office. I need to work about 80 hours a week, I think. Otherwise, school this fall is starting to look pretty dicey. And I'm gonna get some great legs under me soon- Emily is loaning me her bike until she gets home in a few months from the war, and I'm hoping to do a lot of my commuting on that. I just wish my parents didn't live 20 miles from the city, and that it wasn't February. Oh well.

So friends, I am a hoosier again. Oh, the joy.

No comments: