9.23.2005

bam chicka bam bam

So while I've been in Denver, I've mostly been sleeping at Beth's apartment. Beth is this awesome chica, best friends with Brooke, who lives across from Buddy and whom I also hang out with on almost a daily basis anymore. Beth lives in the same building as everybody, and she is out house sitting forever, so she's letting me sleep in her place because Buddy's place is about 5 inches big. And now Stephanie, Brooke's girlfriend, is moving in to the front apartment of the building. And I am moving into the attic. And the other apartment, occupied by the building manager, contains a middle aged lady, her smelly cat (it's not your fault! you're old and rotting!) and dozens upon dozens of trinkets. Chris, as this lady is called, is a dream analyst. I am house sitting for her this weekend, but I think I will continue to sleep in Beth's place, because the cat is so gross.

So after I pulled in tonight, I came upon the house right at the same time that Brooke was getting home. She told me Chris was throwing crap away from the storage area in the garage, and so I gleefully went out to the trash can area with Brooke to see what kind of goodies I could find. (After the move I will once again basically be furnitureless.) I am now the proud owner of a rather dirty, quite used Black and Decker toaster oven/broiler. I was going to leave it be, because it looks a little skank, when Brooke thrust it into my hands and said, "It's free, g-d. It will clean up. Besides, I totally knew the chick that owned this. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was hers, and she's totally not shady." I didn't really protest too much, but investigated the other trash halfheartedly, not finding anything of use. The entire time, Brooke was on the phone with Stephanie, who is currently in Michigan for some weeks, and saying, "No, I'm totally talking to you.... look in that can over there.... oh, nothing, what did you say?"

On a parting note, I will transcribe verbatim here a typed (as in old school typewriter) message/song that has been laying on Beth's computer desk next to the keyboard all week as I internet. I never cease to be amused.

Tonight I will meet my true love
He will be wearing a pink mustache and have o
light green tube socks I an very haaaapppy
Bam chicka bam bam
V

No comments: