9.10.2005

Support the arts- kiss a musician

So I saw the subject line for this post on a passing car this morning, and I thought I would insert a musiciany picture of myself here.



What's up, my employed friends? Maybe some of you are also unemployed. Buddy. McDavid. Sorry to generalize.

The last day has been interesting. I'm enjoying being able to work out again- I've switched to running up here in the Denver hizouse because I don't have the bike rack installed on my trooper yet. So the trek stays in Manitou. I'm feelin' good in the neighborhood- Buddy's neighborhood has this park with really nice dirt trails that are mostly shaded, and a kind of parthenon in the middle of it all. It's called Cheesman Park and is just a couple of blocks from her house, down past the King Soopers (grocery store, for all you scads of midwestern kids that read this). So I go running in the morning, for about a half an hour or so, then I come home and take a shower and make some pancakes and clean the place up a bit. After all, I'm not working, so it's not really like I'm on a schedule or anything.

I passed out about 6 resumes yesterday. One place definitely had an opening/wanted to hire me, but they really need me Tuesdays, until about 6 pm. Unfortunately, my class at CIMT starts at 5:30, meaning the absolute latest I could leave at that time of day would be 4pm. And that would be cutting it really close. People, I-25 is a NIGHTMARE. Let me never speak badly of Indy's 465 again- that thing is a breeze compared to the only north/south interstate in the entire state of Colorado. It connects all the major cities on the front range, and is only two lanes in some places, and all of Denver is perpetually under construction. A one hour trip can easily turn in to two if you get trapped on 25 at the wrong time of day. Anyway, enough of that.

So, yeah, resumes. Then last night I stopped back by the apt. and changed clothes into a dark ensemble and went and hung out at Barnes and Noble for like 3 hours. I read this really cool book called "How to survive a Zombie attack." I need to get some firearms, a Japanese Katana (a type of sword used by samurai), and get really proficient with Molotov cocktails. You never know when a member of the undead may be ready to eat, eat, eat your flesh, and this book brought my attention to that. Are you ready, people? You had better be ready.

1 comment:

Megs said...

Oh no! I'm not ready! I'm not....what's that? Who's there? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a'sdfha'sldkfgnas'ldmfnba'lskdhf'SLKDNFS;KMDFNB'Askjdfn'KSLDJNFksjdnfKSDJNFA;KSJDBNFA;KJSDBFAK;JB
gurgle gurlge gurle.......BRAINS!!!!!!!