9.08.2005

jumping through the window

I am currently unemployed. Yesterday I was "let go" from Adam's for reasons that still seem a bit murky to me. While this came as a huge shock, and definitely shook me up for most of the day, 24 hours later I am already turning the corner.

I talked with Jericho briefly yesterday, and she told me this was going to be another adventure, which I apparently enjoy. This is true. Supposedly, adventure is what I'm all about. And at the danger of getting too comfortable at Adam's, I thought that was where I was going to stay until I left CO. Apparently I was wrong. The let down of being fired is the only thing eating at me- I like the challenge and excitement of figuring out what will happen next. People are already falling all over themselves trying to get me jobs, places to live for nothing or next to nothing, offering to lend me money or anything I need. This feels really good- to know I'm wanted in some capacity. Losing my job is not an experience I've ever had before. But perhaps in one more way I am being molded to become all things to all men/women/womyn. (ha.)

I had to fight back the momentary attack of depression yesterday, being suddenly found so unemployable a week after being found so undateable. But then the truth of who I am rises up, and I know beyond everything else I am a child of God, and he will bring all things together for my good. In the meantime, I ride my bike for 5 hours a day and make phone calls for another 3, and try to be patient and hopeful and full of perseverance. I will get over this- I will not move home, nor will I wire my parents for money.

As far as tentative plans, for any of you that read this, I have a couple. One is to go back to the bux. They want me back, my manager from Colorado & 31st told me yesterday, and she's going to do everything she can for me. I want this to be a last resort, however. LAST resort. But it's still good to know it's there. (By the way, as a conclusion to the previous post, after the worst night at Starbucks in buddy's history, she quit.)

Also, I stopped by my school, and found out I can get a certificate for the number of hours I have completed in the program, well over 500 at this point. Denver only requires 500 hours to practice, so I made a bunch of phone calls yesterday afternoon, and found at least 5 spas/clinics that want my resume, are hiring, and want to meet with me. So, that is the more viable option at this point of anything I have been presented with. It would require a commute, probably twice a week for school from Denver as opposed to 4 times a week from Colorado Springs for work. Buddy has offered to let me stay with her as many nights a week as I need to for work, while keeping my official living status down here. It would be good for her, too, to have help with shows, booking, etc. to have another person around. I don't know what's going to happen yet, not at all. I just want to have an openness to all that is placed before me.

In all things I will rejoice. I will say it again. I will rejoice.
God is good, all the time.

No comments: