9.20.2005

Scum

Hello friends.

I am just tying up another sojourn to Denver, which will soon enough be my home if everything keeps rolling. I think I am going to really like living here. I know I alluded to that in my previous post, but its getting into my skin and I'm ready for a new beginning. A new favorite.
The move should be easy enough. One trip should do it- I have to remember that I fit everything into Al not so very long ago, and it is certainly possible in my big white box. It looks like I'm going to be moving into the attic in Buddy's building, which is delightful, has a gas stove and a claw footed tub. I think those are going to be two requirements for me on my journey that I can never live without. Plus! There is this great fire escape. Now I can be just like McDavid, and look out the window onto my fire escape, and down the three stories into the backyard garden. I really need to break down and buy a digital camera (if I ever had more than six dollars) and take pictures of all this crap so I could just show it. I suppose I will have to continue on with my thousand words, however, for now.

SO I went to this great church here in Denver Sunday night, called Scum of the Earth. It reminded me so much of Ft. Wayne's very own Come to Go that it was unreal. The same soup-kitchen concept, the same posses of homeless people and hipsters shuffling around. It was an unusual service, due to the fact that it was an ordination service, but I kind of liked it- it was like I got to see them in action performing a liturgical function, and they weren't trying to win me over because it was all about something else. I definitely felt the Spirit there. I want to go back on a "regular" Sunday night and see what its like; however, unless it is drastically different than it appears to be, I think I have found a spiritual home of sorts here. I am interested in checking out Light & Life over in Lakewood some Sunday morning, and then Dean Cowles' church down in Littleton sometime after that. It'd be nice to finally put a face with a name- Dean and I have spoken since I've been out here, he tried to help me get a job with Compassion International, which never hired me. Dean is good friends with my spiritual mentor, John Hay Jr., so naturally he must be nails as well.

Well, that's about it for now, friends. Keep your eyes open- I have been blessed so much this weekend by simply taking what is offered, and reacting to the situation presented to me. Don't get too busy.

3 comments:

Megs said...

fire escape = awesome. I actually just went on mine for the first time last night, shows you what a loser I am.

Megs said...

p.s. I REALLY could use a massage right now and I am listening to OTR and my body is like "okay....I'm all ready..where is she?"

Liza said...

That's what your mom said