9.18.2005

bolder boulder bowlder



So dudes I totally got a job! That's right, goodbye medicaid. Joking there, don't have any medical insurance actually, government funded or otherwise. But I was for real hired last Friday, picked up by this totally swank massage place, called Body Massage Center. Go here to check it out.

In other news, I've spent the majority of the last couple of days lonering it; driving around, riding my bike metro style (my troops has a new yakima hat), reading The Hobbit, hanging out with lesbian massage therapists, and spending time in that mecca of Colorado, Boulder. I've been doing chair massage on the Pearl Street Mall, and while it is not quite as lucrative as I'd like, it really has been great. The weather has been stellar, and I've talked to quite a few street musicians, homeless guys and hare krishnas. Occasionally I give massages, and in the spare time I read Paul Theroux' The Happy Isles of Oceania. Today I pondered at how easy it might be to be a transient, and hated on all the crocs I saw on stumbling little kids, their parents pushing their physical safety in pursuit of FASHION! HOW'D YOU KNOW!

In general the Pearl Street experience, and the last couple of days in general have been great. My nerves are going to be taxed soon- I can feel it coming on, and am trying to beat it back, just like Gandalf weilding Glamdring against the Goblins in the Misty Mountains. I like being nomadic, to a point. I'm spending lots of time alone, and it's good- I almost wish there was more of it, because I'm just randomly crashing on people's couches while they're out with chads, you know, living it up and all. And I wish I had my very own little hole, or attic, or whatever, where I could really live without fear of leaving or forgetting to make sure the window is shut quite tightly. My mind has already moved out of Manitou, or I might be sad about leaving it. I will miss the Mate and Shelly and Joanne and Draco and the mountains.

But I get the city in return, and oh, I love the city.

2 comments:

Megs said...

I'm glad you're happy, though a little part of me wishes I could keep you prisoner in the ideal forever. I think it's the same part that freaked out over someone listening to sufjan stevens yesterday....

Megs said...

So I played Katie for my roommate today and she really likes her. So the fan base is growing, one at a time.